Codebluu


Get Gigs

Monday, August 22, 2011

Find A Good Mentor (Tip of the week Aug 21, 2011)


A good mentor possesses the following qualities:

1. Willing to share skills, knowledge, and expertise. 

A good mentor is willing to teach what he/she knows and accepts the mentee where they currently are in their professional development. A good mentor can remember what it was like to start out in the field. The mentor understands that good mentoring requires time and commitment and is willing to continually share information and their ongoing support with the mentee.

2. Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model.

A good mentor exhibits the personal attributes it takes to be successful in the field. By showing the mentee what it takes to be productive and successful, they are demonstrating the specific behaviors and actions required to succeed in the field.

3. Takes a personal interest in the mentoring relationship.

Good mentors do not take their responsibility as a mentor lightly. They feel invested in the success of the mentee. Usually this requires someone who is knowledgeable, compassionate, and someone who possesses the attributes of a good teacher or trainer. Excellent communication skills are also required. A good mentor is committed to helping their mentees find success and gratification in their chosen profession. Overall good mentoring requires empowering the mentee to develop their strengths, beliefs, and personal attributes.

4. Put your pride to the side. 

Even I’m guilty of this sometimes, the, “think I know it all” attitude but I’m glad I have real good friends that keep it real with me , first there’s my friend Boss Baby no matter what we talk about she will always keep it one-hundred with me. Sometimes I just call her to pick her massive brain for information when I’m feeling lost, but she will never agree with me on something if she feels I’m wrong and that’s what I love about her. We all get to “feeling ourselves” at some point and need a reality check, then there is Carlos Stephens, another friend that I share my ideals and life trials with and he always makes sure I’m making the right decisions in business and life so I’m blessed to have people that keeps me striving for more, so build a solid team around you and not a bunch of yes men……

Testimonial from Codebluu

“Having a mentor in the music industry is probably the best tool to have besides the talent and the drive to be successful. I personally can tell you that when I first started doing music I didn’t have a clue where to start, it was all trial and error, during my time in the group Arson Squad we tried to perform at every venue we could no matter if there was 1 or 100 people there, we just wanted to force our brand on people, but the main thing that was missing was we didn’t have a brand; we didn’t have our own sound; we were taking beats from the internet and just rapping to be heard. Once I linked up with Mr. Trotter he pointed this out to me and started to develop me as an artist not just a rapper and showed me how to present myself to the world in a way they would accept and become die-hard fans. The best piece of advice I got from Mr. Trotter was “Look Good and Sound Good” and by following that motto with everything I do I have found success.”

This message has been brought to you by Heat Maka Entertainment. "We're Keeping That Heat In The Game”


For more on Codebluu and Heat Maka Entertainment be sure to check out www.codebluu.com and the new mobile site m.codebluu.com. This message has been brought to you by Heat Maka Entertainment. Thanks for your Support!

No comments:

Post a Comment